Monday, May 3, 2010

Nas Explains Beat Selection


In an interview with BET.com, Nas explains why his beat selection skills are pretty weak, and it all comes down to waiting until the last minute.

“Well I have a wish list sometimes or I have a dream list of who I would love to work with and wish they would want to get in the studio and do records or whatever,” Nas told BET.com. ”Then I have my own ideas of being a producer. And what happens is a lot of time goes by with me being indecisive so it winds up with me kind of like doing what I have to do really fast because I played around for so long. Then, the deadlines come.”

However, don't think for one second that the Queens lyricist doesn't have his ear to the street. Nas knows exactly where the heat is. "But, you never know who has it, everyone’s got a lot of talent," he shared. "You have Little Brother, you have Drumma Boy. There’s a lot of dudes I like right now. You have DJ Toomp."


Without giving away too much, Esco revealed that he's quietly working with three unspecified beatsmiths. "When I work again, there’s about three different people I been talking to specifically about really doing it, so we’ll figure it out," he offered.

Nas and Damian Marley's "Distant Relatives" hits stores May 18 via Universal Republic/Def Jam Records.








No comments:

Post a Comment