Tuesday, April 27, 2010

M.I.A 'Born Free"



Within a day of its widely discussed debut on the Web, the video for M.I.A.’s song “Born Free” has, in some instances, been removed from YouTube and in others labeled with an age restriction. The video, made for the first single of M.I.A.’s coming album and directed by Romain Gavras, the son of Costa-Gavras, depicts an unspecified military force, with some members wearing American flags on their uniforms, rounding up redheaded men from an apartment complex and taking them to a desert to be tortured and executed. In its community guidelines, YouTube says videos can be taken down from the site for violations like excessive violence, and can be flagged if users believe the videos violate these guidelines. YouTube declined to say if any versions of the M.I.A. video were taken down due to its violent content. The video is also posted on M.I.A.’s Web site.


It's My Pleasure to Allow My Viewers the Privilege to View this Video.


Viewer Discretion Is Advised!!



M.I.A, Born Free from ROMAIN-GAVRAS on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment